This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz
You can’t speak about the holidays or turkey without a serious conversation about the best stuffing recipe. This holiday season try this Apple and Bacon Herb Stuffing recipe that is filled with bite-sized pieces of apple and crispy bacon.
Each year, I look forward to Thanksgiving dinner and every other holiday dinner in between. Although I typically make the same traditional side dishes each year, I do tend to try to make them a little different than the year before. I may try a different type of cheese for my Baked Macaroni and Cheese, I always try a different brine for my turkey, and I definitely try a different way to make the stuffing.
In the past, I’ve made Cornbread Stuffing and Herb Stuffing with bacon and dried cranberries. This year, I am going to present my Apple and Bacon Herb Stuffing to my friends and family. This stuffing recipe is made with Granny Smith apples, bacon, and the delicious flavor of Stove Top® Stuffing, which makes this stuffing recipe so easy to put together.
This year, I have something else to be thankful for and that is the newest addition to our family, Alicia Nicole Washington, who was born on August 21, 2020. With that in mind, I’ll have a baby and a toddler so I need all of the peace to make this recipe super easy and use a store that is super convenient and will have everything I need to make one of the best Thanksgiving meals ever. That is why Walmart will always be my choice because they have the ingredients I need.
To make this Apple and Bacon Herb Stuffing you will need a few simple ingredients like Stove Top® Stuffing, a couple of green apples, Oscar Mayer® bacon, onion, and celery. This is a stuffing dish that will take you very little time but will have such a great impact of flavor. Having a bite of the stuffing with a sweet and salty flare will definitely surprise your guests, family, and friends.
Also – don’t miss the #ShareTheHolidaySweepstakes! Click here for a chance to win daily prizes of $100 Walmart gift cards and a grand prize trip to visit loved ones (a $2,500 value). Plus as a special gift from Walmart, you’ll be emailed a link to download a free digital cookbook of holiday favorites (including this recipe!).
Take your Stove Top® Stuffing to another level by adding some bacon and sweet and tart apples making this Apple Bacon Herb Stuffing.
- ½ pound OSCAR MAYER Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 boxes (6 ounces) STOVE TOP Turkey Stuffing Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9″ x13″ casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until slightly crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and add to a plate lined with a paper towel.
3. Add the apples, onion, celery, garlic, and light brown sugar to the bacon fat and cook until softened, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a large pot, bring water, chicken stock, and butter to a boil on medium heat. Remove from heat. Add stuffing mix and seasoning packets; stir. Let sit for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the apple-vegetable mixture, bacon, and sage. Mix to combine and pour into the prepared casserole dish. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
The post Apple Bacon Herb Stuffing appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.