If you love snacks with sweet and salty combinations, then you will love these Snicker Pretzels. These are made with large pretzels coated in caramel, nougat, and delicious chocolate coated with chopped pretzels. These are perfection!
Did I ever tell you that I was a genius? No? Well let me tell you now, I am a genius! I mean I am so much of a genius that I can’t stand myself sometimes. I can’t stand the genius that I am that my brain can’t stand me. So, why am I a genius? Every now and then I have these brainstorming sessions where I sit down with my food blogging journal and concoct different recipes. That is where I created my idea for the “brookie”, my burger, those delicious white chocolate cupcakes, and several other recipes that are on this blog. But this idea was amazingly awesome that I almost considered it divine intervention when it came to mind. That idea was Snicker Pretzels!
These Snicker Pretzels have 4 layers to them. They are coated in caramel, nougat, chocolate, and chopped peanuts. They are somewhat messy to make but they are absolutely perfections when they are done. The best thing to do when you are making these Snicker Pretzels is to make the coating to each stage one at a time. When you add one coating to the pretzels, they need to sit and set before adding the next layer. If you don’t then you will have to keep reheating the different layers because they will begin to firm up.
This is an incredibly easy sweet treat to make and to share with your friends and family. Also, if you are a lover of the sweet and salty combination, then you will appreciate these as well. Tell yourself that my genius self said “Your welcome”.
You will need a bag of the Pounder Pretzels. Get them as thick as you can get them but do not get the soft kind.
If you enjoy a sweet and salty treat, you will love these Snicker Pretzels. These pretzels have 4 layers that will have you eating Snickers but enjoying a pretzel at the same time.
- 1 lb. Bag Jumbo Pretzels
- Ingredients 1st layer: Nougat
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ingredients 2nd layer: caramel
- 14 ounces caramel candies
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Ingredients 3rd layer: Chocolate
- Bag of milk chocolate chips
- Ingredients 4th layer: Peanuts and Toffee pieces
- 1 cup salty peanuts
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat. Add the sugar and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add the milk and whisk for 5 minutes. Begin to add the fluff and the peanut butter with a rubber spatula and fold until dissolved. Lastly add the extract and turn down on low heat. Continue to stir so that the mixture won’t stick to the pan.
- In microwavable bowl, add the caramels and the whipping cream. Warm them up in the microwave for a minute at a time and stir until it is creamy.
- I used the double boiler method where I placed the chip on the boiler and melted them until the chocolate was creamy. You can use whatever method you like.
- In a food processor or chopper, chop your peanut but do not chop them into a powder. You just don’t want them to be bulky. Place your peanuts and toffee in a bowl for dipping.
- Dip the pretzels in the nougat. It may seem as though the nougat is not sticking to the pretzel but keep dipping and it will and then place them on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once they are cooled dip them in the caramel and place back on the cooling rack and allow cooling for another 10 minutes.
- Note: You can take a butter knife and clean up the excess dripping off the pretzels for a cleaner look.
- Finally, dip in the chocolate and roll the pretzel into the peanut and toffee and place back onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool completely for 25-30 minutes before eating.
The post Snicker Pretzels appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.