This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of Ocean Spray #ad.
Jumpstart your day with this Simple Berry Smoothie made with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, spinach, a banana, coconut water, and Ocean Spray Cranberry Seeds.
I really need to get my life together.
So, I had a baby nearly six months ago and I am starting to feel the need to get back in shape and get back to a healthier version of myself. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not just laying around gorging on french fries, burgers, and fried chicken. I’m just not working out and not eating the healthiest I could. Some may call it being lazy, I call it raising two small kids while working a full-time job and managing a business. Oh, and being someone’s wife. There is a lot going on at one time and working out and eating healthy seems a bit difficult to manage.
One thing I can be intentional about and incorporate in my day-to-day diet is a smoothie that is packed full of nutrients I need to get through these crazy days. This Simple Berry Green Smoothie has strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, spinach, and cranberry seeds. What are cranberry seeds you’re wondering? I’m glad you asked!
What are cranberry seeds?
Cranberry seeds are an excellent source of nutrition and sustainability. It has 1.6x more dietary fiber than Chia and Flax seeds. It also has the following nutritional benefits:
- Help support digestive health
- Help support heart health
- Help support immunity
- May help support brain health
- Considered a plant-based product
You can add these seeds to smoothies, oatmeal, snacks, and baked goods. They’re perfect and small and pack a lot of nutritional power.
- 1 ½ c. coconut water
- 2 c. frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp. Stevia
- 1 tbsp. Ocean Spray Cranberry Seeds
- Using a blender, add the coconut water, spinach, frozen mixed berries, and banana and press high to puree into a smoothie. Add more coconut water if needed to make the smoothie thinner.
- Turn off the blender and add the stevia and Ocean Spray Cranberry Seeds and pulse on low speed, just until blended and serve.
The post Simple Berry Green Smoothie appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.