This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz/Georgia-Pacific®.
Adding chicken, bacon, and Kraft® Barbecue Sauce between two crisp tortillas is my idea of a good time when it comes to watching the Big Game. This BBQ Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas recipe is super easy to make for a small group or just your family for an amazing game day celebration.
If you have been following me for quite some time, you KNOW that football anything is my jam! I love tailgating and making delicious finger food appetizers to a loud crowd of folks arguing and cheering on their favorite teams. Although I am not all-knowing in the sport of football, or any sport for that matter, I know how important it is to have some good food for important games.
Something else that is important when watching the game is the cleanup. After the game and during, you’re going to need some heavy-duty and reliable serving ware for yourself and your guests. We’ve been loving the Dixie Ultra® Dinner Plates, which can hold up even when you’re eating heavy and messy food, and Dixie® To-Go Cups, that will keep your warm beverages warm and your cold beverages cold.
I have made several typical game day appetizers that are on my blog such as Loaded Potato Skins, Boneless Buffalo Wings, Chargrilled Wings, and even Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese Sticks. Although that menu already sounds amazing, adding these BBQ Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas definitely makes this game day recipe-roundup.
For all of my recipes, I like to take the approachable and affordable route to the ingredients. That is why you guys always see recipes on my blog where I am using ingredients and products by Kraft Heinz! Their food items are easily accessible at Walmart and pretty affordable no matter your budget. When making these quesadillas, you will need a few basic ingredients including Kraft® Barbecue Sauce and Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese (which I love).
To make these quesadillas, all you’re going to do is layer your tortillas with the barbecue sauce, shredded chicken, bacon pieces, chives, and shredded cheese. Then, you’re going to bake them in a really hot oven to melt the cheese and toast the tortillas—and serve! To make these even more perfect for a game day celebration, place them in a hot oven and cut them into triangles, and place them on a platter! You can even put a bowl of sour cream on the platter as well. However you decide to serve them, just know they will not disappoint!
- 6 medium soft tortillas
- 6 tablespoons KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 cups KRAFT Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese, divided
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 3 ounces OSCAR MAYER Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE’S sour cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 375°F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place 3 soft tortillas on the baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce on each.
- Then sprinkle ½ cup of shredded cheese on top of the barbecue sauce, followed by 1 cup of shredded chicken, 1 ounce of bacon and 1 tablespoon of chives.
- Top each tortilla with another ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- On the remaining 3 tortillas, spoon another tablespoon of barbecue sauce on one side and place face down on top of the loaded tortillas. Brush the top tortilla with olive oil. Place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown and crisp.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 triangles. Serve immediately with 1 tablespoon of sour cream per triangle.
- Category: Appetizer
The post BBQ Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.