Take a few shortcuts to make this quick and easy 15 Minute Stir Fry Rice recipe. Made with all the essentials, you’d be surprised that this side dish only takes 15 minutes to make.
I love Chinese food. I can’t say that I’ve had true authentic Chinese food but the Americanized dishes are pretty great. It depends on the mood that I’m in to determine the dish I prefer at the time. I guess you can say that I’ve had the typical dishes like Orange Chicken, General Tso’s Chicken, Bourbon Chicken, and always, Crab Rangoon. Whenever I get Chinese food, I also get my meals with fried rice.
I can absolutely eat Fried Rice by itself. Especially Chicken Fried Rice. It is a meal all on its own. I love a simple fried rice recipe with onions, peas and carrots, and shreds of chicken. I’ve had some fried rice recipes that had a little bit too much stuff in it for me like water chestnuts, peanuts, and some other stuff. For me, less is more. Not only that, when I am making homemade Chinese Food, I need my dishes to be quick and easy.
This 15 Minute Stir-Fried Rice Recipe is made by taking a few shortcuts. Not only does it only take 15 minutes to make, but you’ll use frozen peas and carrots and microwavable rice. Hey if there are some detours you can make in the kitchen when cooking for your family, I want to share them with you. I know what it’s like to go to work all day and only have 2-3 hours before you have to put your kids to bed again before doing it again. Every minute is precious and you want to make a quick and easy dinner that can be shared over the dinner table.
When making this stir-fried rice recipe, it is best to have some good cookware so your rice doesn’t stick to the pan. Luckily, T-Fal has a great non-stick cookware line that has Thermo Spot technology that lets you know when the pan is hot so you don’t have to wonder. You definitely want to make this dish when the skillet is hot.
This is also a good dish that is great to freeze and eat later at the end of the week. Just make, let cool, and put in a freezer-safe bag to let freeze. When you go back to cook, just heat in a hot skillet with a little water and let cook. In fact, making this ahead of time will allow you to have more time with your family during the week.
Made using a few shortcuts, this 15 Minute Stir-Fried Rice doesn’t miss any flavor. It’s made with peas and carrots, onions, and cooked rice.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 c. peas and carrots, frozen
- 2– 16 oz pouches microwavable Jasmine Rice
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- ¼ c. green chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet pan, heat on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the peas and carrots and cook until thawed.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for about one minute. Long enough to loosen the rice. Add to the skillet and toss in with the veggies. Make a hole in the middle of the pan and crack the egg. Allow to cook and once whites appear, begin to scramble with a rubber spatula. Toss the scrambled egg in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame and toss again with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with chopped green onions and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: fried rice, stir fried rice, how to make stir fried rice, chicken fried rice, easy fried rice
The post 15 Minute Stir Fried Rice Recipe appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.