Sometimes you don’t have hours to cook dinner, you only have minutes. With this 30 Minute Skillet Ziti recipe, you can feed a full family a very satisfying meal with simple ingredients.
I am a working mom and I don’t mean full-time blogger. I mean I have a regular 9-5 like most of you. Now, I also have two children and I just don’t have the time to spend in front of the oven cooking for my family when I come home from work. So, I need a quick and easy 30-minute meal like this one most days. Something I can whip up real fast and make a simple salad or steamed vegetables to go along with the meal.
I love pasta. There isn’t any pasta dish I don’t like. I love them all. In this Ziti dish, I made the sauce a bit more creamy than usual and I just dumped everything in a skillet to make the clean up as easy as possible. The best part of the skillet that I used is that it is from T-Fal’s new Platinum Endurance Non-Stick Line. This is by far the best cookware I own. No joke.
When making this skillet ziti, I started out cooking some onion and sausage. You can use turkey sausage or pork, whichever you prefer. Then, I added some marinara sauce and some heavy cream for that extra creaminess and a few seasonings and spices and called it done. Of course, you can’t have ziti without cheese! So, I topped this off with mozzarella cheese. It was fast and perfect. But that isn’t the best part.
The best part of this dish is that you can absolutely make this dish ahead and FREEZE it! That is what I did. Once this dish cooled down, I lined a baking dish with some aluminum foil and added the ziti to the dish and folded the loose aluminum foil to cover it, and placed it in the freezer for a later day. You absolutely can completely make this dish on your meal prep day and freeze it for the family to enjoy later in the week. Just pop it in the oven on 350 for about an hour and you’re good to go!
This 30 Minute Skillet Ziti is a fast and delicious meal the whole family will love! You can make it for dinner tonight or cook and freeze for later!
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. sausage, your choice
- 8 oz. penne, cooked
- 1 lb. marinara sauce
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ½ c. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried basil
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Fill a large saucepot with water and begin to cook your penne pasta. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large saute skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Next, add the sausage and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain excess fat and return back to the pan and on the heat. Add the marinara sauce, cream, parmesan cheese, dried basil, and dried oregano, and stir. Stir in the cooked pasta to coat in the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, top off with shredded mozzarella cheese and cover with a lid for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and serve!
The post 30 Minute Skillet Ziti appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.