This is a sponsored post from Kroger although all thoughts and opinions are my own.
There’s nothing better in the Fall than anything pumpkin. But what makes pumpkin even better is a pumpkin with chocolate and toffee. These Pumpkin Blondies are made with chocolate chips and topped off with crunchy and sweet toffee pieces.
Okay, half of you are really loving all the pumpkin recipes or some of you are really, really loving the pumpkin recipes I’ve posted and shared within the past month like Pumpkin Ice Cream, Caramel Apple Pumpkin Upside Down Cake, and Pumpkin Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts. I can’t help it, I love Fall and I love pumpkin. Well, I’m adding another pumpkin recipe to the mix by adding these Pumpkin Blondies with Chocolate Chips to the round-up.
I love blondies. Almost just as much as I love brownies, like these Pumpkin Brownies or my Fluffernutter Brownies. But sometimes you just want a moist and chewy blondie. When October comes, sometimes you just want a Pumpkin Blondie with premium chocolate Chocolate Chips and toffee pieces. Do you know what I mean?
What can you add to Blondies?
In fact, when it comes to Blondies, you can add just about whatever you want to make them unique.
- Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Dried fruit
- Diced candy bars
Whatever you want!
But in this case, I added Kroger’s Private Selection 43% Cacao Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and toffee chips.
There is something about these Pumpkin Blondies that just makes sense for this time of year. Yes, you can taste the pumpkin spices and the flavor of pumpkin. But you also get the taste of chocolate and that crunch of the toffee just takes these Blondies to another level.
When it comes to baking anything with chocolate chips, I tend to be a bit selective. I want to choose chocolate chips where the chocolate is decadent and smooth. I am a bit of a chocolate freak. Kroger’s Private Selection chocolate chips give me the exact flavor and chocolate flavor I’m looking for making these Pumpkin Blondies soft, chewy, and chocolatey.
These bars will keep fresh in an airtight container for three days and can be perfect for gift-giving, Friendsgivings, or just because you’re hungry and you want something sweet.
Pumpkin Blondies with Chocolate Chips
Author: Nicole Nared-Washington from Brown Sugar Food Blog
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 2 ¼ c. flour
- 1 ½ c. Kroger Private Selection 43% Cacao Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ c. Toffee Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 casserole baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar. Blend with a mixer until well combined.
- Next, add the pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, and an egg. Mix until all ingredients come together. Add the pumpkin puree and flour and mix until the dough has come together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle it with toffee chips on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Keep in an airtight container for up to three days.
The post Pumpkin Blondies with Chocolate Chips appeared first on Brown Sugar Food Blog.